Anna from American Doormats here and I wanted to give you some secrets and tips on keeping your floors clean this spring season.
Spring has sprung, which means April showers bring May flowers, and it is time for spring cleaning! You might ask, why is a spring cleaning needed for my floors? In fact, dust and mildew build up over time as your floors collect moisture, dirt, and residue over the fall and winter. It's important to deep clean your floors to ensure that you and your family breathe in clean, refreshing air.
After deep cleaning your floor, you want to be sure you take the necessary steps to keep them as clean as possible, so it is less work for you. Here are some tips for cleaning your floor depending on the type of floors you have:
- Vacuum once a week focusing on heavily traveled areas. Be sure to clean the vacuum filter!
- Clean up spills and accidents right away
- Have it professionally cleaned 1-2 times a year.
- Place a mat at all entrances of your home's carpet areas to absorb moisture and dirt.
- Wipe up spills and tracked-in dirt right away...prevent this by placing a mat at the entrance of your hardwood floors!
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum once a week
- Be sure to use a cleaner specifically made for hardwood floors, so you do not damage them.
- Use soap-free cleaner only!
- Dust mop and vacuum
- Place a mat to prevent moisture and dirt from sticking to your floors.
4. Porcelain tile
- Clean with a damp mop.
- Dry tile thoroughly with a clean towel.
- Place a mat at entryways to help trap moisture, soil dirt, etc.
It is crucial to care for and clean your floors properly because it can save you a lot of time and money. Be sure you protect your floors after cleaning them by using a mat. We hope at least one of these tips was helpful for you. We'll be in touch soon with more information on keeping things clean and unique offers just for you!